Friday, July 9, 2010

Our First Day in DC......................

It was a long one. Early out of bed (5:20am), and late to the hotel (11:30pm). So in between, what did I learn? Well, I learned that the Washington Monument really isn't that high...











See, Kim is almost as tall as the Washington Monument! (not really)


I learned that I look really dorky in a bike hat.....












That's me, in case you didn't recognize me.





I learned that you can see everything there is to see in Washington, DC, on a 3 hour bike ride.............




Well, almost everything, I guess.







That's the Capitol Building behind us there. We will get an official tour tomorrow.


And we found out where Barry and Mickie live................
(There is supposed to be a picture of the White House here but I tried 3 times and the picture just won't stay, so use your imagination)
BTW, they weren't home, or at least they didn't answer answer the door.
We also learned how to use the Metro, we ate in the Ronald Reagan Building and I got my picture taken beside a piece of the wall that President Reagan said to "tear that wall down". We saw all of the Smithsonians that we are going to tour tomorrow, and it was a beautiful 85 degree day to see it all. Tomorrow is going to start way too early.......................................


1 comment:

  1. Kim is SO TALL!!!

    love the blog.. .


    Link thinks you look good in the bike helmet grandpa!!!

    ReplyDelete